Monday, July 2, 2012

Day One......

Well for all of those who are joining me, we have started our 30 day journey to being healthy and exercising!  I hope everyone had a some what successful day like I did.  I know for a fact that there are a total of about seven us who are participating and I'm super excited for all of us and our results.  I went for a walk to the gas station by us to get some water and the Sunday paper, then I decided to take a hike through the forest behind our apartment.  It was actually really relaxing.  As for eating I tried to eat as well as I could with barley anything in the fridge.  See its hard to do that when there isn't anything in the freezer and not much in the fridge either!  We made due though when we went to the grocery store, spent and arm a leg, but we did manage to get half of the groceries in fruit and vegetables.

I haven't gone to work out yet today but I've been pretty good with what I'm eating.  As for dinner tonight I'm making oven chicken sandwiches with a salad and maybe some fruit to go with it.  Its going to be delicious and that is for sure!  While we are on the topic of food, I found this great recipe to substitute the bad part of cake.  Instead of all the eggs and oil, you take one package of cake mix, 1 cup of Greek Yogurt, and 1 cut of water; mix together and bake as instructed, and your all ready to go.  I think I might try it tonight and see how it comes along with some fresh strawberries and maybe a drizzle of some sort!  

As for anything new in our lives, we had an issue with our car this morning.  Apparently a belt broke this morning while David was getting back to work after PT.  Well it was no good, he isn't giving me all the details but I'm a little worried to be totally honest with you.  We did get our DLA today so hopefully we can get it fixed using that and maybe some of the other stuff that is wrong with it.  We want to get a new car here in a couple of months, but right now is just not a great idea; we could manage it but I just want to be more financially stable before we add a car payment on top of everything else. 

Any healthy recipes that anyone would like to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment