Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Late Night

You know those nights when you just can't seem to go to sleep, your tired and you can feel it all over your body; both physically and emotionally?  Yeah well I'm having one of those night right now!  I can't seem to get my brain to shut off entirely, so its as if my mind is just going in circles moving from one topic to the next.  Tonight for some reason it seems to be money and my weight/body.

Money because as everyone knows, when you move its a lot more than you actually calculated it to be.  I mean yeah we get paid on Friday but we aren't sure if we are still going to get California BAH(Basic Allowance for Housing) or Georgia now or if its based off of our zip code of where we live or what Post you are stationed at.  See I was always told that it was your zip code of where you resided, but some one told David today that its based on what Post you are at instead.  What worries me is that there is like a $200 difference between the two!  Does anyone know?  So this Friday when I wake up and check the bank it should be interesting to see what the Army has decided to do.  Also with the Army we are waiting to receive our DLA (Dislocations Allowance), which is supposed to be a nice amount that we can use to pay for bills and still be comfortable for the next couple weeks and can help us get ahead again.

As for my weight, its gone up the past couple of months because I had fallen off the wagon.  Meaning; I wasn't really working out or eating right.  But since we moved this past week and a half I've been trying to be good by not drinking soda, except maybe once this week as a cheat.  Also eating lots of fruits and vegetables, trying to stay away from all the bad sugars; like ice cream (which I LOVE).  So far I've been feeling better because of all of it combined, but also because I've been drinking water and trying to stay hydrated with all this humidity!  With tonight being a restless night I was on Pinterest and looking through the health and workout section, and saw a lot of bloggers like me who had success in their journies.  Got me thinking that maybe instead of always thinking of my long term goal I need to maybe just go with short term goals?  Like maybe for one not weighing myself everyday like I used to, and two thinking maybe what I could accomplish in a 30 day time period and not my goal weight or size.  Also just going with how I feel and how my clothes fit, you know whats good for me.


If your military; does anyone know how BAH is aloted?

Who would be interested in doing a 30 day challenge with me, where we work out and just eat right? (Starting on July 1)

No comments:

Post a Comment