Sunday, June 3, 2012

Life in a week!

To Kat; I know that you made a request for my next posting and I promise that it will be this week because I'm trying a couple new recipes on Wednesday.

Now I know I haven't written in about a week and a half but there has been a lot going on in my life since the last time I was on here.  I've been thinking about somethings I learned about my blog and some of you who read or don't.  I've come to the conclusion that everyone is going to have an opinion about our life and what we do, but it is my choice whether or not I choose accept that opinion and go with it or just to live our lifes.  I know I'm not the best the writer in the world, but I love it; it keeps me sane on days like today.  I just read something on Facebook; thanks to a fellow army significant other, it reads "Sometimes the girl who has been there for everyone else needs someone to be there for her."  I fully believe in that saying; I'm a people person and one of my greatest assets and my greatest downfall is that I have a big heart.  I tell all my closest friends that I'm there for them no matter what time of the day it is, I will MOST of the time answer my phone. (sorry to one friend that I didn't this week)  The point here is that I need someone sometimes to talk to, who will just listen to me, not criticize, or tell me what I did wrong and should of done; look I'll ask for advice if I want it but for that particular moment I just want someone who will be there for me.  My husband is a great man and a great example of this, he listens to what is going on and he seems to always know when I just need someone to cry to, he doesn't pressure me into the right thing I should of done or need to do, he listens to me.  To be honest yes, I have these people but sometimes I just need to decelerate from life and that is what this site is for, to be able to calm down from situations sometimes; not all the time though.  I know everyone has opinions and they all have the right to say what they think they need to, but I'm not always going to listen!  I know that is blunt!  I write this blog for three reasons; 1) for me 2) so friends and family can keep up with David and I & 3) so I can help other military spouses/significant others like myself.  My goal on here isn't to make people feel bad, or to point fingers at situations.  If you choose to stop reading on here that is your loss!  If you don't like something I've said before then don't read it; that is your choice.  If you have opinions about my/our life or this blog you are more than welcome to leave me comments whether its on here or on my Facebook, but it is my option and choice whether I want to take it into consideration.  Every time I write on here it takes me sometimes hours because I'm rereading and rewriting so that there is nothing that can incriminate my husband's or my future/current careers.

This last week has felt like its been more like a month, both good and bad situations.  Ties in my life have been disbanded for a while, new ones were welcomed with open arms.  Last weekend on Sunday David and I went to one of his fellow "coworkers" home where I met his wonderful wife and adorable son!  We were there for a BBQ, we stayed and talked for six hours and had a great time.  This week on Monday was my last day at the ACE Hardware I worked at, I miss my coworkers and all the laughs we had.  Tuesday was a quite day of wonderful blissful laziness!  Wednesday this new friend of mine hung out at her house and talked for hours and got to know each other a lot better, we are a lot a like and get a long super well!  Thursday; her and I took her son to Virginia Beach and had an amazing time at the Aquarium and beach.  For the rest of the week I hung out with her, paid bills, shopped very little, and saw my husband for a couple of hours and fully enjoyed every minute.  With all of these great times there were also bad; as always you must take the bad with the good.

Like I said ties were disbanded for a little bit of time, along with some troubles with the Army.  The good news with the Army was that they got David his official orders, but they screwed them up TWICE of all things, so finally this weekend around Friday they got fixed.  His graduation moved up to Tuesday June 12th morning instead of Wednesday June 13th afternoon, we have to be down in Georgia by the 15th instead of getting some time off like most people who PCS are supposed to.  We also don't have a home yet and are waiting to hear back from a place.  Its been a week of joys but also tribulations.  I'm hoping everything comes together this week, along with me trying to pack everything by myself!

Onto some good news I think; Saturday its my 20th birthday.  I feel a lot older than that, but that comes with all the life experiences I've acquired over the last year.  I know I don't have the amount of years or experience that some of you have, but I'm still an adult in my own manner of life!  Unlike most people my age I have a family, bills, and responsibilities that don't hit most peoples lives until they are 25.  To be honest I wouldn't change anything in my life or what has occurred over the last year for anything!  The experiences in my life have made me who I am today and will shape the person I will later become.  I don't regret anything from this last year, even the bad.

So now for some reader interaction!  (my favorite part!)  Go on the Facebook link and comment!

What do you all think I should do for my birthday?  What should I request from David?  IF he gets to come home this weekend


1 comment:

  1. Its okay. I will wait excitedly for the next one. :)

    ReplyDelete