Friday, May 4, 2012

What do you do?

The saying goes "If Life hands you lemons, then you make lemonade!"  Right?  I mean is that true?  You hear different versions of the saying all the time, both comedic and deep in the psyche.  Does it change with different walks of life's?  To be honest I think the saying applies to certain situations in life, but in others I think you get to decide what to do with those lemons Life hands you, like maybe just throw them back, or take them and throw them in the trash!  Why does it have to be lemons?  Why not Twinkies?  Trust me that would make most of the men in the world happy!  Seriously I like that saying better, "If Life hands you Twinkies, then deep fry them!"

If you can't tell, this week has been kind of a difficult one, probably because both David and I are in bad moods over the lack to time together, don't get me wrong we are happy with every minute we get.  I'm mainly stressing about having to move again here in about a month and a half and trying to finance that plus the possibility of going to California.  I know people want to see us and all, I would love to see family and friends again, but how do you expect us to do that and move again?  The thing is I'm not one of those people who just waits for life to hand me lemons, like my husband does, I'm planning for what life will hand me exactly, whether it be lemons, Twinkies or even crap.  I like to plan for those things and to be honest the Army just tells you when and where, yes I know; exactly what I was signing up for!  Guess what it really doesn't hit you until your sitting there in the middle of it trying to figure out what to do.  So yes, I'm a little stressed, but a year ago I couldn't have done this, I probably would have broken down into a corner crying. Now instead I pick myself up, wipe the dirt off and still plan for the next step in life the best we can.

On another front, your family is the most important thing anyone can have in their life, and not everyone is blessed with ones that I have surrounding me.  Even better I have multiple families, my blood family, my marital family, and the family I have adopted along the way; the family you choose to pick up along the way in life.  I made a mistake this week and I know I'll be living with it for a while, I wish every day since that I could take every moment of it back, but I can't.  But I do deserved my part of what went down and I know that. 

So what is everyone's plan for the weekend?  Tonight I'm going to go to the movies with some friends and see the Avenger's!  Oh yeah I get to party at the movies, I'm going to get a HUGE Icee and maybe splurge and get some popcorn.  Then tomorrow since its my day off if David gets a day pass (not likely, on lock down again) then we will probably have a party of our own here, and maybe see the movie.  If not then get some cleaning supplies for David and his roommates if they can't leave, then some laundry and cleaning, and then hanging with my other girlfriend.  Nothing like trying to stay busy as much as possible huh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment