Sunday, March 11, 2012

Coming Home


The show Coming Home just aired its season 2 episode opener here on the east coast.  Its a great show on LMN, where soldiers of every different branch share there stories of coming home to their loved ones and surprising them in the process.  I think the network did a great job of opening up the new season with a Raiders Nations surprise.  Now I wont give it all away tonight for those on the west coast who it hasn't aired for yet, but it was a tear jerker for sure!  If you have never seen the show before I would say you need to, but make sure you have some tissues with you, they will be happy tears though.  I could see David and I doing this to either of our families when he is coming home or even when we have our own family us doing it to our future kids.  As long as he doesn't do it to me, because I will be a total mess!  I do have to say though that while they are away you always wonder if that is going to happen to you.  As a matter of fact an Army wife friend of mine; Miranda, had that happen to her this last Christmas while her husband was at AIT, he just popped in on her and her in-laws!  You hope it never happens to you, especially if you don't like surprises, but this kind of surprise I guess I would be some what okay with.  Now no ideas people, David doesn't need any help, I'm pretty sure he could do this all by himself without any help from you all!

 On a different note in entertainment I finished the series The Hunger Games in a matter of about a week and a half.  These books were each amazing in their own way.  Yes they steadily got more graphic as the series progressed but it is an interesting concept as to what would happen if the USA happened to have another Civil War and the out come wasn't for the best.  If you haven't read the books yet and have noticed the commercials for the movie coming out on March 23rd then I suggest that you go and buy the book and read it.  Its just one of those books that you can't put down, plus I also suggest that you buy the whole series because once you finish one you'll want to have the others.  I can't wait for the movie to come out!  I wish I could go to the midnight premier but I have to work and so do my friends, but WE ARE SEEING IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment