Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Whats on my mind

Hi everyone, I would like to apologize for taking off my last post, even though a lot of you enjoyed it and said I should keep it up.  I took it down for a couple of reasons, none of them having to do with Joeschmo1992's comment on that post.  No the reason I took it down was because the way things are now in our society, I didn't want to take the chance of this affecting a current or future job/career for either David or myself.  Which seriously disgusts me to the core, and here is the reason why.  Including myself I have five friends whose husbands are in the armed forces and countless friends, they are here to defend our freedoms and rights in this country from anything foreign or domestic.  So if MY OWN husband is doing this for me, when did it become that I can't write what I WANT, all because it offends someone.  Well to be honest those people have the right to tell me what they think and that I shouldn't have written it, but when did it come down that I have to accommodate them.  They didn't treat me with any respect and say it with some respect so where are my writes to say what I want.  When did it come down to the fact that if you offend someone that you have to bend to their wants to make them feel better.  It comes back to employers asking for the password of their future employees for their Facebook accounts!  Where did that right go for the American people?  That was the whole foundation for us declaring our independence, we did it with the freedom of speech!  So why can't I do it now?  Yes I was a tad pissed off to be honest, but I'm calm now.  What really bothered me was that the post was not bad at all, I gave everyone plenty of warning ahead of time and second it wasn't even as bad as the magazine I love; Cosmopolitan, or as bad as media does in all of the commercials, TV shows, or Movies.  I guess to keep everyone happy I will be more careful of what I post from now on.  If you don't like something you read then fine, if it upsets you enough then don't read my blog anymore, but I will try and keep everyone in mind when I decide to write something out of the box.  Hope everyone has a great day!

3 comments:

  1. YOU TELL IT SISTA!!! AMEN!!!!! :) LOVE YOU MICHELLE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, Michelle! Write what you wanna write. It is YOUR blog afterall. Just be smart about it though lol :)

    ReplyDelete