Monday, February 13, 2012

Welcome!



Hello and welcome to my blog, here is a little bit of some background information on myself! My name is Michelle, I'm 19 and married to love of my life. My husband, David, and I have been together for 5 years this May, and married for 7 months. David is an Active Duty soldier in the Army at Fort Lee, right now he is training for his career in the Army. Right now we don't have kids, and we are waiting just a little bit longer until we decide to take that leap in our lives together. We are just trying to enjoy each other with what time we do get.

This last month we moved me about 3,000 miles away from our home in California to be closer to him here in Virginia. So far I like it, but I do miss my family and friends back in Cali. I do love being here closer to David and being able to spend time together even if it is on the weekend. Most couples don't realize how special and wonderful it is to have their special someone there with them day in and out, coming home to someone, sleeping next to you in bed, sharing meals together, oh snuggling on the couch together watching TV, or even playing Call of Duty together just because its something you can do together. I truly believe that military, police and fire fighter spouses know what I'm talking about. David works any where between 12-14 hours each day Monday thru Friday, then he gets a weekend pass for Saturday at 0900 until Sunday at 1640. That day and half is so wonderful and we thoroughly enjoy the time we have together even if its only for the weekend. Some people may think it was a stupid choice to move 3,000 miles away, but I love being out of the small town we are from, just to spend time with David on the weekend.

As you can tell from the picture I'm not totally the smallest person in the world, hence the title "Curvy Army Wife," this blog is not only for me to talk about my experiences as an Army Wife, but also to have some encouragement in my weight loss. I have always had struggles with my weight since I was little. I know I will never be a size 2,4 or a 6 but as long as I get healthy then I will be happy. Right after my wedding my weight was 210 lbs. in a size 17 jeans. Two weeks after our wedding in June David left for Basic Training at Fort Jackson, South Carolina, well right around that time i realized how hard it was going to be without him so I started to go the gym to swim about 3-4 times a week, I loved it! I lost one jean size and 20 lbs. before I next saw David at his graduation. Three months later he had started his training at Fort Lee and it was Christmas time and we went on a cruise to the Bahamas as kind of a second honeymoon since we hadn't seen each other for more than 2 weeks and 2 days for the six months we had been married at the time. Well if anyone has been on a cruise they also know that there is a lot of rich food and a lot of relaxing, so i put on about 5 of those pounds back on. Then a week after being home from our cruise we set out for here, well on the road there is a lot of eating out and not eating anything healthy and 0% exercise I put on another 3-5 lbs. Well that is it for tonight everyone, have a wonderful night.

So here we are; my weigh in for today and also my measurement:

Weight-196 lbs.
Arms-14 in.
Bust-42 in.
Waist-36 in.
Hips-48 in.
Thigh-35 in.


No comments:

Post a Comment